Sunday, August 3, 2008

Raspberry Tart

TART SHELL:
3/4 C. Butter at room temp
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 Tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 C. Flour
pinch of salt
preheat oven to 350
Beat butter and sugar till combined. Add vanilla. Sift other ingredients, add to mixture.
dump onto dusted surface and form into tart pan-chill until firm. (will be very soft)
Butter underside of aluminum foil place in tart pan on top of dough and fill with rice or beans (needs to be weighted) cook for 20 minutes then remove foil with beans and then cook for 20 more minutes.
FILLING:
Fill with fresh raspberries from garden. Then take 1 cup of berries, 3/4 C. sugar 2 TBS, cornstartch,1/4 tsp. salt and a 1/2 +/- water and cook in pan till thickened pour over berries in tart and chill.
Serve with lavender whip cream or regular.
This is one of my favorite things-the crust is like a shortbread and then with the simple berries and cream... it is heaven. I took the crust recipe from Barefoot Contessa and then did my own filling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I just need to grow some raspberry bushes and maybe in a couple years I can make this tart! JK It looks really good, I read the whole recipe so I could visualize it. What is Lavendar whip cream? & when can we come by for dessert?